Today, the activities we carry out are:
- Training: courses, conferences, seminars, publications.
- Of opinion: debates, round tables, allegations, reports…
- Relations with professional organizations and institutions: College of Civil Engineers, associations of other branches of engineering, Administration through the corresponding Ministries, Schools of Civil Engineers, Royal Academy of Engineering, professional associations, foundations and international organizations.
- Representation in institutions, organizations, working groups, technical committees, specialized journals, and in different professional forums.
- Service to associates through personal attention and assistance in obtaining the advantages derived from the agreements signed with institutions and companies.
- ING EUR securities
- Training courses
- Attendance at conferences
- Information on calls for proposals from other organizations, news of interest, publications and magazines, links of interest.
The Spanish Association of Civil Engineers dates back to the beginning of the twentieth century, when a group of civil engineers got together to create an organization that, as a guild, would defend their professional interests. Once the Statutes were drafted and officially approved, the Spanish Association of Civil Engineers was formally constituted on January 17, 1903. Eduardo López Navarro was its first President and the Revista de Obras Publicas was its headquarters.
Its main objectives, as stated in the Statures, are:
“To represent its members in all kinds of actions and to promote their union and spirit of collaboration, trying to achieve their maximum quality and professional awareness, based on an adequate technical, social and human training, for a serious, responsible and free exercise of their activity”.
Since then, the Association has faithfully pursued the fulfillment of these goals.
Its private character, of a national nature, allowed it to be from the very first moment the meeting point for colleagues, who until then had had the Revista de Obras Públicas as a meeting, gathering and professional exchange.
From within the Association, the creation of the
Spanish Engineering Institute
in 1905, of which we are a Founding Member and where we have our headquarters, at number 38, General Arrando Street, Madrid.